Preparing to Pump
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- Check each component part for wear or damage before use and replace parts as necessary.
- Make sure all components which have come into contact with breast milk are clean and dry.
- Assemble your pump and components. Use a twisting motion to connect and disassemble component parts.
- Ensure tubing is tightly connected to prevent air leakage.
- Massage the breast for about five minutes with a warm towel to promote expression.
Pumping with the Motif Luna
The Motif Luna has two Modes, Massage Mode and Expression Mode. Massage Mode has a higher cycle setting and lower vacuum level to initiate milk let down. You can not adjust cycles in Massage Mode. Expression Mode has slower cycles and a higher vacuum setting to express milk efficiently.
- Place the breast shield on your breast so that your nipple is centered within it.
- Press the Power button to begin pumping.
- To achieve let down, start the pump in Massage Mode.
- Once let down is achieved, press the Mode button to switch to Expression Mode.
- Adjust the suction level to your comfort using the Level plus or minus buttons.
- Adjust the pumps cycles in Expression Mode by using the Cycles plus or minus buttons.
- The average pumping session lasts 15-30 minutes.
- After you are finished pumping, turn off the pump by pressing the Power button.
- Slide a finger between your breast and the breast shield to separate them.
- Refrigerate or chill breast milk immediately after expression.
The Luna will start in whatever settings it was turned off in. If you wish to start in a different Mode then where you left off, change the settings before powering it off.
Download the Luna User Manual here.