Preparing to Pump
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- Check each component part for wear or damage before use and replace parts as necessary.
- Make sure all components which have come into contact with breast milk are clean and dry.
- Assemble your pump and components. Use a twisting motion to connect and disassemble component parts.
- Ensure tubing is tightly connected to prevent air leakage.
- Massage the breast for about five minutes with a warm towel to promote expression.
Pumping with the Motif Luna
The Motif Luna has two Modes, Massage Mode and Expression Mode. Massage Mode has a higher cycle setting and lower vacuum level to initiate milk let down. You can not adjust cycles in Massage Mode. Expression Mode has slower cycles and a higher vacuum setting to express milk efficiently.
- Place the breast shield on your breast so that your nipple is centered within it.
- Press the Power button to begin pumping.
- To achieve let down, start the pump in Massage Mode.
- Once let down is achieved, press the Mode button to switch to Expression Mode.
- Adjust the suction level to your comfort using the Level plus or minus buttons.
- Adjust the pumps cycles in Expression Mode by using the Cycles plus or minus buttons.
- The average pumping session lasts 15-30 minutes.
- After you are finished pumping, turn off the pump by pressing the Power button.
- Slide a finger between your breast and the breast shield to separate them.
- Refrigerate or chill breast milk immediately after expression.
The Luna will start in whatever settings it was turned off in. If you wish to start in a different Mode then where you left off, change the settings before powering it off.
Download the English Luna User Manual here.
Download the Spanish Luna User Manual here.
Download the Luna with Battery User Manual here.
Download the Spanish Luna with Battery User Manual here.