Preparing to Pump
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- Check each component part for wear or damage before use and replace parts as necessary.
- Make sure all components which have come into contact with breast milk are clean and dry.
- Assemble your pump and components. Use a twisting motion to connect and disassemble component parts.
- Ensure tubing is tightly connected to prevent air leakage.
- Massage the breast for about five minutes with a warm towel to promote expression.
Pumping with the Motif Twist
- Place the breast shield on your breast so that your nipple is centered within it.
- Twist the top of the pump to begin pumping.
- To achieve let down, begin pumping with the dial set between “Min” and the midpoint of the dial. This is let down mode.
- Once let down is achieved, increase suction by turning the dial to any point between midpoint and “Max”. This allows you to transition to expression mode.
- The average pumping session lasts 15-30 minutes.
- After you are finished pumping turn off the pump.
- Slide a finger between your breast and the breast shield to separate them.
- Refrigerate or chill breast milk immediately after expression.
Download the English Twist User Manual here.
Download the Spanish Twist User Manual here.