Getting Ready to Pump
1. Check to see if you are using the correct size breast shield. See
chapter 8 Breast Shield Sizing for more details.
2. Wash hands thoroughly.
3. Connect your assembled collection kit to the tubing port on your
4. Make sure that the collection kit is connected and positioned
5. Place the breast shield on the breast so that the nipple is properly
centered in the tunnel.
6. Hold the breast shield and connector onto your breast with your
thumb and index finger.
7. Support your breast with the palm of your hand.
Aligning The Silicone Insert
Center the silicone insert on your breast so that the nipple is drawn
into the silicone insert tunnel.
It’s important that the silicone insert is positioned properly before
pumping begins to avoid any pain that may be caused by rubbing or
twisting of your nipple onto the side of the silicone insert. If double
pumping, place the second silicone insert in place as well.
If you’re concerned about the fit or want to ensure you’ve placed the
breast shield on correctly, please reference the “Test Your Silicone In-
sert Size” portion of Chapter 8, Silicone Insert Sizing.
While some discomfort may be felt when first using a breast pump,
using a breast pump should not cause pain. If you are unsure about
silicone insert sizing, please contact a healthcare professional or Motif
Medical® representative who can help you get a proper fit.
Expressing Your Milk
1. Press the POWER button to start pumping.
• After first use, the Motif Aura will automatically remember your
last settings for your next pumping session.
2. Adjust the suction (vacuum) level and mode by pressing the
INCREASE button and DECREASE button to find a comfortable
• Massage Mode: 1~5 levels
• Expression Mode: 6~12 levels
3. When your pumping session is over, press the POWER button
to turn off and remove milk collection kit from breast(s).
• After 30 minutes of using, it automatically turns off for safety.
After each pumping session, be sure to take apart the assembly.
Never attempt to clean or sterilize pump parts when still assembled;
ensure you are cleaning and sterilizing each part individually.
1. Twist the diaphragm assembly off the breast shield.
2. Remove the breast shield from the milk collection bottle and close
the bottle tightly with the bottle cover and bottle disk, and store
Turning On/Off The Motif Aura Pump
Press the POWER button to turn ON
The screen will light up and it will start operating at the last
setting you set.
Press the POWER button to turn OFF
After 30 minutes of using, it automatically turns off for safety.
Use your breast pump with a fully charged
battery whenever possible
Prior to initial use, plug the device into the power adapter and
allow the breast pump to charge fully.
The battery charge level displayed on the LCD screen can
differ from the actual battery capacity.
Charge the battery immediately when is displayed
on the LCD screen. If the breast pump remains unused for a
long period of time, make sure that the battery is fully charged
before use. Unplug the power adapter from the breast pump
immediately after you are finished charging your device.
How to Use the Motif Medical App
1. Search and install the Motif Medical App to the smart phone,
available from the [Play Store] or [App Store].
• The App is compatible with the following versions, IOS 11 and
OS Android 5.0, or higher.
• The condition of the Bluetooth® connectivity may depend on
the smart phone or tablet that the device is connected to.
2. After installing the Motif Medical App on the phone (connect the
breast pump via Bluetooth®.)
3. (After enabling Bluetooth® on the smart phone, power ON the
breast pump and open the app.)
4. Select ‘Motif Medical APP’ from the list of devices. (Select once
5. When connecting two devices, follow the instructions on the app
and select the second device on the list.
6. After selecting the device(s) press complete to start using the app.
The app can connect to two devices
and control each device individually.
1. Press the play/pause button to
control the operation of each
2. A prompt will appear on the
screen after pressing the stop
button to record the amount of
breast milk collected.
Suction can be controlled from
levels 1~12 and the battery status for
each connected device is indicated.
• Massage Mode: 1~5 levels
• Expression Mode: 6~12 levels)
Keep track of your pump sessions
by inputting the amount of breast
milk expressed and the duration of
Unit of measure can be configured
to mL or Oz.
Keep up with each pump session
by setting an alarm to notify the
next session directly on your smart
Alarm can be set with a specific time
or use the periodic alarm to set the
next session in 5 minute intervals.
• Set Unit: mL / OZ
• YouTube video for related
• Company Profile
• Application version and Update
Download the English Motif Aura User Manual here.
Download the Spanish Motif Aura User Manual here.