1. Thoroughly wash your hands with warm soap and water.
2. Disassemble each part that comes into contact with breast milk including the diaphragms, silicone inserts, bottles, bottle screws, bottle caps, nipples, and valves.
3. Rinse each part with cool water to remove milk residue.
4. Options for washing pump parts:
• Separately wash each part in the sink with a soft brush and soap. (Be sure to use a new brush or washcloth exclusively or breast pump parts) OR
• Soak each part in warm, soapy water for 5 minutes and then thoroughly rinse them.
5. Dry each part with a clean towel or allow to fully air dry on a sanitary surface, such as a clean paper towel or clean dish towel. Do not pat dry.
6. Wipe the outside of your breast pump with a dry, clean towel. Do not wash the outside of your breast pump with water or get your breast pump wet when cleaning it.
* It is not recommended to wash and dry Motif breast pump parts in the dishwasher. There is no standard temperature for dishwashers and some may warp parts. Parts damaged in the dishwasher
are not covered under warranty.
Article is closed for comments.